Bretton Medical Practice
Bretton Medical Practice
Bretton Medical Practice, at the heart of the Community.
Dr Mark Attah (M)
MBBS MBA MCMI FRCS MRCGP GMC: 4382575
Dr Daniel Nlewedim (M)
MBBS MRCGP MSc DRCOG DFRSH GMC: 6068048
Dr Nathaniel Olude (M)
Salaried GP MBBS MRCGP GMC: 611058
Dr Konjo Girma (F)
MB ChB (Edin) MRCGP Pgcert GMC: 4698003
Dr Lauren Dixon (F)
BM MRCGP DRCOG GMC: 7285302
Dr Hannatu Lawan (F)
Telephone Appointments - 01733 264506
Monday through Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm
Saturday 8.30am - 12.00pm (by appointment)
Clinics & Services
Health Monitoring and Promotion
Blood Pressure Monitoring Service
Family Planning Clinic
New Patient Health Checks
NHS Health Checks
Healthy Lifestyle Programme (a structured programme of information and advice that supports you to make health lifestyle choices)
Blood Testing and Urine Testing
Please contact your branch to find out more about the flu clinics they are running.
Please read the attached letter to our Patients in relation to continued care for long term conditions by clicking on the link HERE
We are now on doctorlink!
Are you not feeling well?!
Click the link to assess your symptoms and get directed to the most appropriate healthcare pathway.
Health care, anytime, anywhere.
Click the image to sign up or login!
IMPORTANT MESSGAGE REGARDING CORONAVIRUS
We have taken the decision to temporarily close the Bretton Medical Practice site due to staffing issues related to 4 positive COVID tests within the team over the past week and the need to follow NHS England guidance regarding self-isolation.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and have put in place a plan to ensure we can offer the best possible service to patients at this difficult time.
We would like to confirm that every step to minimise risk at all of our sites, including Bretton, have been followed since the outbreak of COVID-19. We would like to confirm that it is extremely unlikely that any cross infection has occurred between staff and patients as full protective equipment has been used in all clinical interactions and settings and shielding between patients and reception staff has always been in place.
Why have we taken this decision?
1. Following guidance from NHS England with regard to positive COVID results (track and trace guidelines) and self-isolation regimes we have limited capacity to keep the centre open for the next week to ten days
2. Deploying staff to other sites where there is adequate staffing for administration will allow the maximum level of service and minimum disruption for our Bretton patients
How will this affect me as a patient?
1. You should continue to call the Bretton telephone number and a divert is in place to 4 other Peterborough locations within Octagon to ensure you can contact someone in your time of need
2. It is likely that your usual Bretton team will contact you but you may be asked to visit another location should you need to visit the Doctor/ Nurse
3. We have allocated 18 additional GP sessions to for Bretton calls/ appointments in the next 8 days
4. If you have an appointment booked within the next few days, you will receive a call to discuss moving this appointment to a new location. We hope to maintain all pre-agreed times for appointments to minimise disruption to all individuals and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause
5. Additional clinical sessions (GP and Nursing) for next week to support patient appointments is mainly at the Thomas Walker Centre in central Peterborough, PE1 2QP, for ease of access should it be required
6. The prescription box at the centre will remain open and be collected and completed on a daily basis
7. We will reopen the site as soon as it is safe clinically to do so
Will the centre remain open for the Dentist and Boots Pharmacy?
We can confirm that both the Dentist and Pharmacy have will remain open, as the issues faced by the team at Bretton Medical Practice have not affected them. This is because the internal systems in place to manage the risks of cross infection were working correctly. As these services are owned and managed by contractors external to Octagon Medical Practice please do visit their web pages to keep up to date with any changes
When will the Medical centre re-open?
We cannot confirm this at present, but it is our intention to re-open as soon as it is clinically safe to do so. We will update all patients regularly with the latest developments.